Posted by Mike Kaaks10 October 2019
I've mentioned Scharmer and Jaworski more than once in reacjing this point. I’ve also talked in quite negative terms about the weight of the status quo. This page is an opportunity to bring clarity to those thoughts and the ambiguity we confront. This page will do little more than introduce you to their work. If it sparks interest then there are three books you must read:
Synchronicity by Joseph Jaworski
Presence by Jaworski, Scharmer, Flowers, and Senge.
Leading from the Emerging Future by Scharker and Kaufer.
The sub-title of this last book is from Ego-system to Eco-system Economies. Another choice to be made. In which do we feel most confortable? This is not easily answered unless we know ourselves intimately and confidently. On that question the book also provides a view of the journey fro self to Self which the authors describe as
- Practice don’t preach – start by listening, especially to what life is calling you to do.
- Observe, Observe, Observe – become a black-belt observer and listener
- Connect to your attention so as to be a better instrument for bringing the emerging future into being
- When a crack opens up, stay with it and connect from the new. (there is something of Jaworski and opening doors here)
- Follow your heart, do what you love, love what you do.
- Always be in dialogue with the universe.
- Create a holding space of deep listening that supports your journey.
- Iterate iterate iterate
- Notice each crack in the field of the future
- Use different language with different stakeholders.
- If you want to change others you need to be open to changing yourself first
- Never give up. Never give up. You are not alone
I hope that as you read that list many of the topics we’ve worked through came to mind again.
In this book the authors finish each chapter with a series of journaling questions. Two that stick out in this context are:
- Who can help you make your highest future possibility a reality?
- If you were to take on the project of bringing your highest intention into reality, what practical first steps would you take over the next three days?
The emerging future
- The occupy movements
- The Arab Spring
- Highly transparent
- Serving the wellbeing of all
- Wall st/ GFC
- One truth (the closed mind)
- One us (the closed heart)
- One will (the closed will)
We are torn between two worlds - the world on new leadership challenges on one hand, and the world of old economic and management tools on the other.
Between there tho lines a yawning abyss